CONDITIONS THAT TAKE ME BACKWARDS
There could be no one wish as the case with the switch of light.
![]() |
I could have preferred my life go in and out, off and on.
I value the fondness of a babe at breast yet still do love to cut sweat shining window panes.
For a moment, I am in traffic ladened with a sausage shop, racing zigzag at the voices of strangers and dusk leads me to another shop, a hospital for buses where I lay stone dead beside a thief.What is oso Abiola? When he never pursued anyone.
That's the only conscious period of my growing up. Because both husband and wife chose to run away dividing me amongst them. Same soles the conductor marshed mud under, same imprint he left on my father's wife block rosary scarf.
Thought me back to Entraco park, in the mix of october dust and machine fumes, flies that I imagine are jealous of 250 creamy banga capping of layers of rice, beans, spaghetti, and plantain on one hand and wish I allow them perch.
My first kiss was muslim. Grace-like, 'your people only know how to shake hands'. A boy - Christian saw us and demanded egunje - a kiss in the open or three-in-one break time rations for two days. my first bunch of keys saw loss. Opening my eyes to see boys straddling walls, unclear reflections on a mirror sitting on a gangster calf beneath a skirt, opposite the under of my class mistress.
Holy Mary, her statue, the source of our benediction describes in a vague way how holier than awe we venerate at evening devotion.
to be contd...

Comments
Post a Comment