Enter September
I began my gratitude tale from the start, skipped two days to let in the soak of the weekend where I had so much images of my younger days stream through my dreams in the passing week. Naming one character over the other sort of seemed the latter bore less significance. So I say the names mentioned here are men whose footprints in my life cried louder (at this point) for statement, the rest are no less neither does non disclosure reduce their legacy.
Moving on...
LESSON VII
28 Men That Formed Me
:
Mama Bobo
:
The first house sat somewhere at the St Patrick's axis, big in my baby eyes, was unpainted, adjacent Ibelefun road, guarded by cany flowers face to face CAC.
Efficient was a dynasty, where I was bled into a line of gods in invention.
The woman who rocked me for the better half of the day, she fed us yam, rice, moi-moi, & never buns. Of all she made us eat, the best diet was our robust grooming on a government approved academic staple, laced with extra curricula branches in Friday sports, timed excursions, Thursday doses of moral instruction, spiced with Santa Claus affections by the end of the year and party, iced with unrivalled motherly love.
I can't recall any moment when went south with Mama Bobo in control.
She is a saint & I know she will be proud that we her children, those before & after are part of her legacy.
She made me.
Comments
Post a Comment